Carol Stream, Ill.—Tyndale House Publishers today announced that it will launch its entirely revamped corporate Web site (www.tyndale.com) on Monday, February 1, 2010. With the virtual explosion of social networking communities available to consumers, Tyndale understood that a relatively static Web site featuring primarily one-way communication was not fully meeting the needs of its visitors. To satisfy the demand for a corporate Web site that would place a larger focus on harnessing external discussions and provide an ear for the voices of its customers, Tyndale felt it should enter into an interactive, multiple-platform dialogue. Development for the overhauled Web site began in June 2009 with the primary purpose of implementing an improved user experience.
“Tyndale’s role as a publisher has evolved from pushing content in a one-way conversation to a two-way conversation with our valued consumers,” said Debbie Johnson, Senior Advertising and Promotions Manager. “We’ve embraced the growing popularity of social media by cultivating a vibrant community that allows our authors, readers, and employees the ability to actively interact with each other.”
Many of Tyndale’s customers, authors, and retailers feature their own blogs, Web sites, social networking profiles, and other mediums that share interactions relating to Tyndale products. By continuing to present information without listening or reacting to these voices in a central forum, Tyndale was missing opportunities to showcase existing conversations. The new www.tyndale.com hopes to engage its consumers at a much more personal level.
Several of the new features of www.tyndale.com include:
- Easier Navigation—The new Tyndale site takes a large departure from the look of the current site. Changes were made that allow much more content to be held on a page, while retaining a high level of organization.
- Multimedia Content—It features video interviews, book trailers, audio podcasts, and a variety of other rich media content that Tyndale Web site users will have the ability to share on their Twitter, MySpace, and Facebook pages; via e-mail; and through a variety of other social networking outlets.
- Product Reviews—It allows Tyndale to listen to its customers by encouraging product comments, hosting online book discussions, and highlighting book reviews from Tyndale’s existing community of bloggers.
- Find Your Favorite Author on Twitter, Facebook, and Personal Blogs—By showcasing content from blog sites, Facebook pages, and Twitter feeds, Tyndale’s new Web site makes the communication tools of each consumer’s favorite author readily available.
- Share Your Tyndale Story—It allows consumers the opportunity to share stories of lives that have been changed by Tyndale products.
- Author Interview Calendar—It features an author interview calendar so that consumers may be notified when their favorite authors will be on national or local television or radio broadcasts.
- Spanish Translation—Much of the text on the new site will also be available in Spanish.
Tyndale House Publishers was founded in 1962 by Dr. Kenneth N. Taylor as a means of publishing Living Letters and eventually The Living Bible. It is now one of the premier publishing houses in the industry. Tyndale products include numerous fiction and nonfiction New York Times best sellers. Tyndale House is substantially owned by Tyndale House Foundation. As a result, the company’s profits help underwrite the Foundation’s mission, which is to spread the Good News of Christ around the world. Tyndale also publishes The Holy Bible, New Living Translation (NLT). Tyndale House Publishers is located in Carol Stream, Illinois.