Afternoon, readers, and welcome to the latest edition of our monthly segment, What’s Happening Wednesday. The last Wednesday of the month is dedicated to providing readers an inside scoop on our fiction titles as well as a little peek into our daily workings at Tyndale House.
With summer flying by, we thought this would be a great time to tell everyone a little about the places we’ve been visiting over the past few months—in our minds, that is. While summer is often synonymous with leisure travel, we here at Tyndale fiction have given our minds a vacation, camping out in various novels for these sunny summer months, transporting ourselves around the globe and into the fray.
We’d love to share our summer haunts with you . . . but let’s make it interesting. Below, you will find the destination where each novel is set, a resident of the work, and the title. See if you can guess correctly, matching all three categories together. (No peeking online or at the cover images below for help!) The official answers will be posted below in the comments.
Places We’ve Been
A. Deep in the Tennessee hills, the Old Order Mennonite community of Copper Creek has harbored many secrets . . . and now they must come to light.
B. A dark and musty basement, where a hidden film will reveal the mystery behind President John F. Kennedy’s assassination, once and for all.
C. The beautiful but dangerous shore of North Carolina’s Outer Banks, where an encroaching hurricane threatens.
D. A blustery town in Maine, where a rare trip to town is the last thing a woman remembers before being kidnapped!
E. The war-torn terrain of Afghanistan, where a peacekeeping mission goes terribly awry.
People We’ve Seen
1. Elizabeth Gallagher— I’m not terribly excited about driving my mother down to the coast, but when she has her mind made up, there’s little anyone can say to stop her. I hope my aunt Sandy is ready for some unexpected guests.
2. Jason Hammond—While I’m accustomed to solving mysteries, I never would have expected that a call from an unknown woman would set this terrible chain of events in motion.
3. Pike Morgan—I might not win any personality contests, but I know how to get the job done and will stop at nothing to make things right.
4. Rachel Stoltzfus—I will move mountains to save my son’s life, even if that means I must share my sin with the world.
5. Jules Belleno—Sure, I don’t get out much, but since the death of my husband, I can’t help but take small comforts in my tiny life. Besides, with my blog and the latest Patrick Reagan novel by my side, what else do I need?
Novels We Love
The Sea Glass Sisters
Misery Loves Company
We’ve had a lovely summer taking refuge within these novels. Spot anyone you’d like to get to know? All of these titles are available NOW. Click the cover image below to go to the corresponding product page. Head over to your favorite retailers (online or in-store) and get acquainted with these fascinating characters.
What about you? Fill us in on your exotic traveling this summer!